RealtyTrac just posted their latest Montana foreclosure rate heat map for May 2012. They report that 1 in every 3,424 housing units received a foreclosure notice in May 2012. Compare that to the national average of 1 in 639 or to Georgia with 1 in 300 housing units receiving a foreclosure notice in May.
In Missoula County, 1 in 2,278 housing units received a foreclosure notice in May 2012. Compare that to Ravalli County with a rate of 1 in ever 1,632 or with the highest rate in Montana in Carter County with a rate of 1 in 810.
This morning there are a 1,306 residential listings for sale in the Missoula MLS – 96 of these listings are short sales or bank owned. That’s 7.4% of the current market – barely a blip in the big picture of things.
Here are the most recent foreclosure and short sale listings for sale from our service area in Western Montana
- $224,900 : 906 26th Ave, Missoula4 beds, 2 full baths
- $159,900 : 628 4Th Ave East, Superior3 beds, 1 full bath
- $240,000 : 890 S Hidden Valley, Stevensville3 beds, 2 full baths
- $259,900 : 507 Bass Lane, Corvallis3 beds, 1 full bath
- $134,900 : 467 Cooper, Hamilton3 beds, 2 full baths
- $300,000 : 2416 Garland, Missoula4 beds, 2 full baths
- $229,000 : 311 South Ave W, Missoula2 beds, 1 full bath
- $160,000 : 929 Little Joe, Hamilton2 beds, 2 full baths
- $50,000 : 234 Adams St, Alberton2 beds, 1 full bath
- $270,000 : MLS # 20153492 in Lolo3 beds, 1 full, 1 part baths
See all Western Montana Foreclosures.
(all data current as of 6/30/2015)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.