RealtyTrac just posted their latest Montana foreclosure rate heat map for May 2012. They report that 1 in every 3,424 housing units received a foreclosure notice in May 2012. Compare that to the national average of 1 in 639 or to Georgia with 1 in 300 housing units receiving a foreclosure notice in May.
In Missoula County, 1 in 2,278 housing units received a foreclosure notice in May 2012. Compare that to Ravalli County with a rate of 1 in ever 1,632 or with the highest rate in Montana in Carter County with a rate of 1 in 810.
This morning there are a 1,306 residential listings for sale in the Missoula MLS – 96 of these listings are short sales or bank owned. That’s 7.4% of the current market – barely a blip in the big picture of things.
Here are the most recent foreclosure and short sale listings for sale from our service area in Western Montana
- $222,000 : 10450 Lakewood Pl, Lolo3 beds, 2 full baths
- $320,000 : 3195 Delaford Loop, Stevensville5 beds, 4 full, 1 part baths
- $112,000 : 121 Alice Ave #B, Hamilton2 beds, 2 full baths
- $74,900 : 2017 S 12TH ST W, Missoula2 beds, 1 full bath
- $567,000 : 2101 Humble, Missoula4 beds, 3 full, 1 part baths
- $179,900 : 4041 Sage Creek Rd, Stevensville3 beds, 2 full baths
- $140,000 : 5643 Orchard LN, Florence2 beds, 2 full baths
- $139,000 : 887 Bear Creek Trl, Victor3 beds, 2 full baths
- $274,000 : 5459 Lonesome Dove Lane, Lolo4 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
- $96,000 : 597 US HIGHWAY 93 S, Hamilton2 beds, 1 full bath
See all Western Montana Foreclosures.
(all data current as of 7/29/2015)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.