A couple of interesting articles from Inman about home and lot size in the USA.
Inman News analyzed the average home and lot size of homes listed for sale on Realtor.com during the month of September 2011.
Montana ranked #2 in lot size with an average lot size of 73,616 sq ft (1.7 Acres). Interestingly, Montana was the only Western state to rank in the top 10. All the other states in the top 10 were East of the Mississippi River.
In their analysis of home size, Montana ranked #4 with a median home size of 2,040 sq ft. More than half of states with the largest median home size were in the West.
Room to roam: Top 10 US states with largest lot sizes / 10 states with the biggest houses
Here’s a list of the 15 largest homes for sale in Missoula.
- $4,500,000 : 2761 Contour Road, Missoula5 beds, 7 full baths
- $1,499,000 : 2950 St. Thomas Drive, Missoula6 beds, 4 full baths
- $995,000 : 4571 Heaven's Gate, Missoula4 beds, 7 full baths
- $2,500,000 : 2932 Starlight Drive, Missoula4 beds, 4 full baths
- $950,000 : 3181 Evans Ridge Road, Missoula5 beds, 4 full baths
- $1,250,000 : 10915 Saddleback Lane, Missoula6 beds, 7 full baths
- $6,500,000 : MLS # 20147451 in Missoula4 beds, 4 full baths
- $1,450,000 : 4601 Goodan Lane, Missoula5 beds, 4 full baths
- $1,500,000 : 1330 Gerald Avenue, Missoula5 beds, 2 full, 1 part baths
- $995,000 : 3651 Stone Ridge Ct, Missoula5 beds, 4 full baths
- $699,000 : 3791 Trails End Rd., Missoula4 beds, 3 full baths
- $599,000 : 11125 Grant Creek Road, Missoula4 beds, 7 full baths
- $899,000 : 6025 Marias Street, Missoula5 beds, 4 full baths
- $1,300,000 : 1001 Medicine Man Cluster, Missoula3 beds, 3 full baths
- $534,500 : 2965 Terrace Dr, Missoula5 beds, 4 full baths
See all City of Missoula Real Estate.
(all data current as of 6/30/2015)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.